To help get you started, let's try to add a follow me on twitter link to the bottom of each of your posts.
First, you will need to visit Settings | Post Layout. To create the link, we will need to modify and insert the following code, replacing [your-twitter-username] with your actual Twitter username:
<div style="text-align:center; margin:5px; padding:5px;
border-bottom:solid 1px #CCCCCC;">
<a href="http://twitter.com/[YOUR-TWITTER-USERNAME]"> Do you follow me on twitter?
Insert the code into the Before the content textarea, and click Save, located at the bottom of the page.
Now when your visitors read your blog post, they will be able to quickly click through to your Twitter account. In addition to any HTML tag, you can use the following short tags in each of the textareas, which will be dynamically replaced with the content from the post the visitor is currently reading.
• [title] will be replaced with the post or page's full title
• [title_encoded] will be replaced with a URL-safe version of the post or page's title
• [link] will be replaced with the post or page's full URL
• [link_encoded] will be replaced with a URL-friendly (encoded) version of the post or page's full URL
• [author_aim] will be replaced with the author's AOL Instant Messenger name
Was this article helpful?